The Guided Workouts feature has been released from version 4.0 of the Swim.com app on Apple Watch. With this release, Swim.com has enhanced the in-app workout experience by building upon the original unguided workout feature and now allows for our watch app to prompt the swimmer with information about the upcoming set to swim, throughout the entire workout.
Here are the instructions for how it works!
- The tutorial for the Guided Workout is available on mobile device via Settings > Tutorials. You can review the tutorial at any time, but we have posted screenshots of the tutorial below. From the tutorial you can swipe to the left or right to navigate through the steps. It may be helpful to do a dryland test of this feature first before you go to use it in the pool so you can get used to the difference in the display and how to navigate the features of guided workouts.
- Choose a Workout - You can choose any workout in Swim.com’s Workout Library on the iOS app to be swam as guided.
- Once a workout is favorited to your account on the Swim.com iOS app, you can select it from the main menu of the watch app screen. If you need more instructions on how to favorite workouts from the Swim.com library or create your own, click here or check out this video!
- Another option is to use the mobile device's "Send to Device" feature. The workout will be immediately favorited and selected on the watch app. From there, you can choose to swim it Guided or Unguided. If you need more instructions on how to send a workout to Apple watch click here!
- How it Works - Current Workout Progress can be viewed in the top left corner of the watch screen which indicates where you are in the workout. The proceeding interval is displayed immediately below the Workout Progress and what you are doing (swimming or resting) is displayed immediately below the interval.
- Viewing your Swim Stats - Viewing your stats during your swim has never been easier. Double tap on the metrics (or bottom half of the screen) to view workout metrics like heart rate, pace, total time and distance.
- Need a Break? - To pause the workout, simply force touch the screen and press the pause button. To end the swim, hard press the screen and tap “End Swim”.
- Navigating the Workout - To skip or repeat any interval in the workout, simply pause the swim (see above) and press the forward or backward button to skip or repeat and interval, respectively.
- Viewing Comments - Never miss a comment from your coach! You can view the entire set and its corresponding comments by swiping left from the workout screen.
- Workout Complete! - When you’ve finished the Guided Workout, you can keep going or end the swim. If you choose to keep swimming, the app will count the distance and work as a regular swim.
If you spot a bug in this feature, or want to provide any feedback, let us know by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.