The integration between accounts will allow for applicable activity logs on your USMS Fitness Log (FLOG) to be exported to your activity feed on the Swim.com platform. If you have swim data already entered on a Swim.com account before connecting your accounts, your FLOG swims will be added to your feed and will not overwrite existing data. If you don't have swims entered into a Swim.com account before connecting, your FLOG swims will be the only swim data on your Swim.com feed once you have connected the accounts.
- You will need a Swim.com account before you can begin the integration. Go here to register your free account: www.swim.com or download the app for your iPhone or Android.
- Currently, only lap swim data will be sent over to Swim.com. This means open water swims, runs, yoga classes, hikes, etc. will not be sent to Swim.com. In Spring 2020, we expect to add the capability to add additional types of activities to your Swim.com log so that you can have an even more complete picture of your training activities in one place.
- Only lap pool swims with yards or meters as the distance metric will be sent over to Swim.com. This means swims with miles as the distance metric will not be sent over.
- The applicable lap pool swims will only be sent over from the FLOGs one time. This means that any new swims added to the FLOG or updates to workouts will need to be done on Swim.com after the integration has taken place. We recommend only using Swim.com after you integrate your My USMS and Swim.com accounts.
How to Integrate Your Accounts
It's a simple process to integrate your accounts, and you only have to do it once!
- Download the Swim.com app to your iOS or Android mobile device.
- Login to your Swim.com account
- Navigate to Settings>Integrations>United States Masters Swimming
- Click the Connect to USMS button.
- Enter your My USMS credentials when prompted and follow all the prompts.
- All done! Enjoy!
How to Search for and join USMS Clubs on Swim.com
To search for a USMS club to join on Swim.com, you will need to navigate to the Leaderboards or Settings tab, then select the magnifying glass icon in the upper left corner of the screen to access the search function. Make sure Clubs is highlighted in the sub-header before you start your search. You can then either touch the locator icon on the map to search by IP address (if location services are enabled for Swim.com) or touch the blue bar at the top of the screen to type in the name of a club or a location. Official USMS clubs will show in the list at the bottom with an accompanying USMS logo.
How to Search for USMS authored workouts on Swim.com
To search for a USMS workout on Swim.com, you will need to navigate to the Workouts tab on the Swim.com app. Select the list view icon in the upper left corner of the screen to change to list view. Touch the filter drop down and scroll down to the "Author" section. Enable USMS filter. If you want to only see USMS workouts, you'll need to disable the other author sources.
Please sign in to leave a comment.